Mint stickers to cover windows

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Mint stickers to cover windows

Post by AlbertP »

Thank you Sam. It looks great.

Unfortunately my printer's Windows driver cannot print 1200dpi and the pxlcolor Linux driver is not of such quality that it can print full 1200dpi (but at least it allows me to choose it), but it's good enough for me. 'from freedom came elegance' is readable using a magnifier and the 'Linux' text is clearly visible. And I've got rid of the Windows Vista logo. (I don't really hate Vista but I like promoting Mint this way).
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

No problem Albert
I was thinkg of making from freedom clearier but I liked the shadow behind the white lettering, just to bad it doesn't show up so well so small.
If its better at 600dpi for you just open it up in gimpers and resize the resolution down to 600.
It looks ok on the computer though :lol:
Too bad it doesn't always work out that way in printing.

Take care
Sam
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Ok finally got them all stuck on the laptops here.
Took a pic (more like a collage) sorry about the flash blinding things out, I should of taken the pics outside instead with natural light and one got fuzzy.
Sorry I couldn't show a mix of different ones but I only use LMDE here.
computerstickerson.jpg
Just glad to see the windows stickers gone in place for a lot better operating system :D

The frome freedom came elegance really is hard to see as you stated Albert because these are so small, One way around, just bring the png into gimpers and white that out, or type over it in something dark or I can upload the gimp files for these if anyone wants them to change it to their hearts content.
Let me know

Sam
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

I am OK with the sticker as it is now. Anyway, I need to get another printer if I want to make it readable without magnifier. That the Windows driver does not allow 1200dpi says enough about the printer's compatibility with this resolution.
thatsallurspaceships

Post by thatsallurspaceships »

My new computer Image
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Looks pretty cool :D
Just to let everyone know, I added all the gimp files with layers in the download as well now, I know I like making changes and thought someone might want to also, so now you can.
Remember the size is doubled in the gimp files (from what I remember I usually do that anyhow) so before saving it as a png or jpg reduce the size by 50% or make it whatever size you want and any changes you want.
Plus someone might want to make changes to the small lettering or the logo themseleves to suit their own needs.
If you do and you want to add those changes to this download let me know and I can add it to the download file as well unless you completely redo them all and want to make your own download then feel free to do so.

Enjoy
Sam
pennadl

Post by pennadl »

At UnixStickers.com we sell linux mint stickers at very affordable price.
All stickers are printed on top vinyl quality and laminated. They are waterproof and don't leave any residues on surfaces.

bye :D
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

pennadl wrote:At UnixStickers.com we sell linux mint stickers at very affordable price.
All stickers are printed on top vinyl quality and laminated. They are **** and don't leave any residues on surfaces.

bye :D
Well since this seems to be a quick spam and run, one question, Does any of the OS systems you use their logos to make money from get any of the money you make?
It's a good idea for anyone who runs a digi printer out of their basement, but you should be supporting the OS you using to make money off of also.
Just a thought.
viper

Post by viper »

do you mind if i add a link here to a sticker i made :?: I just don't want to start another thread. :)
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Feel free to add a link to an image.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Nice looking sticker designs :D
Hopefully more will come from other folks also, love having choices :D
viper

Post by viper »

thanks. :D I was planing on making kde and deb will post them as soon as i make them.
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

The stickers looks nice, but they seems to not be delivered... :(
My order is dated 13/10/2011, but I have heard nothing after that. I wrote an email to ask for them - but no answer...
Is UnixStickers still alive?? :roll:
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

In September, I have received the 3 stickers I ordered without any problem.
Anakinholland

Post by Anakinholland »

samriggs wrote:Well since this seems to be a quick spam and run, one question, Does any of the OS systems you use their logos to make money from get any of the money you make?
Yes they do, well, Mint at least.

off-topic:
tux-sven wrote:The stickers looks nice, but they seems to not be delivered... :(
My order is dated 13/10/2011, but I have heard nothing after that. I wrote an email to ask for them - but no answer...
Is UnixStickers still alive?? :roll:
No idea, I ordered on september 28th and got the sheets with stickers on october 7th-ish. Last blog-entry on their website is september 29th.
FreeImposter

Post by FreeImposter »

Me likey! My box is about to get some new shiny "tattoos" as soon as I pick up some sticker paper. 8)
Thanks for a great idea, and for implementing it!
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

Today i got an answer to my email sent the 1 of November:
Hello Sven, please accept our excuse for this big delay.
Due to high request of mint stickers we have delayed all relative orders shipment.
We will be able to ship your package in 5-7 days, we will also add others 10 free mint stickers to your order.

I'n sorry for this problem, stefano.
Thanks Stefano.

This was an sign of live and an acceptable explanation, now I am looking forward to get my stickers! :D

The good thing is the Mint stickers are so popular, that will bring even more money to the Mint project! :mrgreen:

I will come back and tell you when they arrive. :wink:
toto

Post by toto »

I ordered 11 November 2011, a pack of stickers, I sent two mails to Stefano, unanswered, without having received November 21, 2011. Image

If I get my stickers I will return to this forum to notify you of deadlines,
or to inform you that does not receive anything (when past one week will be even)! Image

25 november 2011 : nothing ...
Last edited by toto on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tux-sven

Post by tux-sven »

I have got no Mint-stickers yet.

Oct 13 they where ordered.... today is Nov 23. About 40 days :roll:

Not a sign after the email I told about earlier. It's seems easy to promise but harder to fulfill.

I probably will contact PayPal, before 45 days, and tell them that UnixStickers are not reliable - actually they don't seem to deliver anything at all, nowdays. :(

Return to “Your Artwork”