Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Do not post ideas for application developers. Please use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo ideas.

Postby KEWLEJ on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:25 pm

I have a great idea... But first things first I want to say I love linuxmint. It serves a lot of my computer needs. Its really fast encoding and decoding my media files and i'm very much impressed with the 3D desktop. But today's web 2.0 I think its lagging a bit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people here share their own videos online on sites like youtube. I think if we have an application like ENVY that would automatically install webcam drivers (Logitech,CreativeLabs) it would be a great hit. Linux would definitely compete with apple computers on a PC platform. It would attract a lot of windows users to ditch their OS. I think that with this new feature added to the next release thousands of people would shift to linux specifically linuxmint if its implemented to this distro. Just an idea...
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby locutus on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Good idea, but a new Mintxxxx app that automates using ndiswrapper to install any driver(s) would be welcome.
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas