GnuCash 2.2.4

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

GnuCash 2.2.4

Postby tenfoot on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Will GnuCash 2.2.4 be included in Mint v5.0?

tenfoot
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: GnuCash 2.2.4

Postby Rob Loach on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:23 pm

Although it's great accounting and money management software, I don't think that the majority of people using Linux Mint use GnuCash, or any other banking software. I know that personally, I just use a spreadsheet either hosted on my local server, or on Google Docs. I should move over to something more empowering though...
Rob Loach
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tenfoot on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:52 pm

I hope they do bundle GnuCash 2.2.4 with v5.00 I was using KMyMoney when using openSUSE and even when I changed over to MINT. But since determining to use only those applications that come with Gnome I've gradually changed. Adopting GnuCash was one of the last changes and I'm very satisfied with it.

So, go on, change to GnuCash. You know you really, really want to :lol:

Tenfoot
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Legend_bob on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:56 pm

I just moved my parents to Mint from Windows where they used Quicken. The ability to import Quicken data into GNU Cash was a big plus in swaying them. Of course, my opinion may change once I actually DO this, but I know several people who would never switch without the ability to do something like Quicken.

By the way, even without GNUCash, they're loving Mint. Had to talk them through fsck once, but the process has been very smooth so far.
Legend_bob
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas