GnuCash 2.2.4

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

GnuCash 2.2.4

Post by tenfoot »

Will GnuCash 2.2.4 be included in Mint v5.0?

tenfoot
Rob Loach
Level 1
Level 1

Re: GnuCash 2.2.4

Post by Rob Loach »

Although it's great accounting and money management software, I don't think that the majority of people using Linux Mint use GnuCash, or any other banking software. I know that personally, I just use a spreadsheet either hosted on my local server, or on Google Docs. I should move over to something more empowering though...
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

I hope they do bundle GnuCash 2.2.4 with v5.00 I was using KMyMoney when using openSUSE and even when I changed over to MINT. But since determining to use only those applications that come with Gnome I've gradually changed. Adopting GnuCash was one of the last changes and I'm very satisfied with it.

So, go on, change to GnuCash. You know you really, really want to :lol:

Tenfoot
Legend_bob

Post by Legend_bob »

I just moved my parents to Mint from Windows where they used Quicken. The ability to import Quicken data into GNU Cash was a big plus in swaying them. Of course, my opinion may change once I actually DO this, but I know several people who would never switch without the ability to do something like Quicken.

By the way, even without GNUCash, they're loving Mint. Had to talk them through fsck once, but the process has been very smooth so far.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”