Sugesstion Infobash

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

Sugesstion Infobash

Postby miltonjohn on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 am

Hi all,

i am a LinuxMint-user in Germany - as you might know Neo67 built up a German Forum and also an IRC-chat.
Kanotix and Sidux using Infobash for to get a overview in a irc-session with users (with problems) to a pc by infobash.

So you might get Infobash into LinuxMint out of the Box????

Also fine a IRC-channel of LinuxMint for International-users on your fine Homepage? or link to : http://www.linuxmintusers.de/index.php?ind=chat (pump live into the channel!
(so infobash will make more sense) ;)
miltonjohn
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Sugesstion Infobash

Postby muskratmx on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 pm

It would be nice to have an IRC mint channel in english, or like sidux, they speak what ever language they can on the same channel.

If we can speak english or spanish on your IRC channel with no objections, post the network address and channel name here please, I went to the web site, but can't read german.
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Postby miltonjohn on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:32 am

hm, dont know but if you want to join

irc.spotchat.org
#linuxmintusers

welcome
i hope other persons wont be angry bout that or getting scared of english writing people....

i saw that linuxmint is on irc.spotchat.org too so i might join you a litte one in a while :)
miltonjohn
Level 1
Level 1

Postby muskratmx on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:26 am

Thanks;
I don't want to offend anybody, I know over at Sidux, they speak all languages, but primarily ether dutch or german and english. There are a few small minded people over there that get upset about the folks typing german, but they are quickly set in their place. Linux is a world wide community, we don't all speak one language, and shouldn't have to.

I speak and write english, I can read and attempt write spanish. I speak spanish well enough. But no dutch, german, or any other language
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas