Kde-edition with Gparted

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Do not post ideas for application developers. Please use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo ideas.

Kde-edition with Gparted

Postby miltonjohn on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:15 am

Hi Devs!

i installed Kde-edition 5-times to get it running but that is another story with bios!

So my suggestion is to remove qtparted and put gparted instead of it,
my problem was to partiotionate my hdd and when i created a logical-part i couldnt partitonate the extended one i created so i had to use my kanotix to do it like i want it to....

I hope you will think over it!

Greetings Miltonjohn
miltonjohn
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Kde-edition with Gparted

Postby Fred on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:21 am

miltonjohn,

First off, I agree with you that gparted is an easier program to use than qtparted. I too prefer gparted. Having said that, qtparted is a KDE program so I feel sure that is why it was included in the KDE release. From a functional point of view, there is little that gparted can do that qtparted can't do. Some people do prefer qtparted.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby ed@Mint on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 am

I fully agree with you Fred.
In libro veritas

Now switched to : ArchLinux

New users, read the Linux Mint User Guide | Problem ? See the Wiki first | Check out the Software Portal | Join the IRC channel : #linuxmint @ irc.spotchat.org
ed@Mint
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Ferdil on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Fred wrote:miltonjohn,

First off, I agree with you that gparted is an easier program to use than qtparted. I too prefer gparted. Having said that, qtparted is a KDE program so I feel sure that is why it was included in the KDE release. From a functional point of view, there is little that gparted can do that qtparted can't do. Some people do prefer qtparted.

Fred

I agree with Fred, too.
Don't blame me for my bad english. This is not my native language.

Are the decisions that you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Ferdil
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas