NEMO Sidebar suggestion.

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Matija_31

NEMO Sidebar suggestion.

Post by Matija_31 »

Congrats to Clem, and all Mint team for your hard work. I am from Croatia, and user of linux Mint for long time now, and noticed great UI improvements (NEMO,CINNAMON) just since version 13!. Today i made some icon changes with sidebar on your nemo picture:D believing they are better visible in light color. And one thing if i may suggest..elementary mint icons to be little more professional..for example..fewer colors and more geometric like (music, pictures,downloads,documents) have graphical symbol on it..those symbols, if they were all in black or monochrome style, it woud give a more pro touch to them..Cheers to you all :D Hope something will happen of this. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Matija_31 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matija_31

Re: NEMO Sidebar suggestion.

Post by Matija_31 »

So this would be one idea of NEMO Mint sidebar color, icons and lines under toolbar. Played with this for a day, and figured out black symbols and text on lighter background are better than reverse, cause od grey theme od window toolbar gradient:D Cheers.
Matija_31

Post by Matija_31 »

And here is some my last drawn version of nemo. I didnt put curved edges, neither toolbar icons, and bottom notification, but only to show how this set of colors mutually fits together ( Added new gradient and lines ). I noticed that Mint-X theme has a grey border on windows, so i tried without it ( As i can see some thin grey border seems to be occurring here, but i didnt put it...hmm odd, well ignore it:D). Added a visible bottom area for items notification, not sure if resize arrow icon fits well.
* Added recolored faience folders and some toolbar mono icons.
Stewbond

Post by Stewbond »

Great look.

Is there a nemo theme repository like the one for the cinnamon themes? If it exists, you can publish it there.

I have a question though: I've installed a theme for cinnamon which makes the panel and menus nice and partially transparent. However,it makes my window titlebars stick out like a sore thumb. Is Nemo the right place to look into customizing this?

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”