My suggestions to make LM better!

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

My suggestions to make LM better!

Postby zi007 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:14 pm

I porpoise to put this software by default in all releases!

1.)Skype with automatic startup with minimise
2.)Chromium
3.)Webuilder with automatic startup
4.)Playonlinux
zi007
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: My suggestions to make LM better!

Postby Aging Technogeek on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm

The problem with your suggestion is that not all Mint users would want the apps you list. I, for one never use any of the four and would need to go to the extra effort of uninstalling all four along with the stuff I uninstall now.

Most people who make suggestions about how to make Mint better really mean "This is what I would need to make Mint perfect for me."

It makes little difference anyway since the software list is determined by the development team in accordance with clem's outline of the direction in which he would like Mint to grow. User suggestions may be considered especially if there is a great deal of support evident, but no app will be added without being approved by the dev team and, of course, clem has the deciding vote.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Re: My suggestions to make LM better!

Postby xenopeek on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:10 am

We do collect viable ideas from here and from the Community site, and discuss them with the development team for their consideration. These are your suggestions to make Linux Mint better, and it's appreciated you took the time to write them, but you didn't include any reasoning as to how these four programs would make Linux Mint better. To install new programs by default, there generally has to be an idea that a majority of Linux Mint users will be using those programs.

There's no pleasing everybody with the default programs installed, but the default programs chosen are meant to give any new users a set of sensible programs for all everyday tasks and activities.
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas