Make reporting bugs easier

Contribute ideas for future releases.
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Suggestion & new ideas for Cinnamon go on GitHub.

Make reporting bugs easier

Postby Zorba on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 am

I think Mint dev. need tomake bug reporting easier. Instead of going to launchpad everytime a bug is encountred, why don't we have a section in the forum for that or use the same account tologin to every Mint sevice and website! Maybe we should have an admin to take care of that: People can report bugs on the forum and only realbugs are reported by that admin to Launchpad :D
Image Image
Zorba
Level 7
Level 7

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Make reporting bugs easier

Postby nomko on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Brahim wrote:I think Mint dev. need tomake bug reporting easier. Instead of going to launchpad everytime a bug is encountred, why don't we have a section in the forum for that or use the same account tologin to every Mint sevice and website! Maybe we should have an admin to take care of that: People can report bugs on the forum and only realbugs are reported by that admin to Launchpad :D

Nice idea, but not realistic. If 1 admin is appointed to post every bug on Launchpad, he/she would have a fulltime job to do that. Now everybody is free to report bugs on Launchpad, all you need is an account to login. By doing this, it saves a lot of time for forum admin/mod's to read, check and rewrite/type over the bug on Launchpad. So, not realistic if you ask me. It's time consuming and i don't think that 1 person has that much time to do it voluntarily.

And a bug section on the forum is not a good place either while there's already a good place to report bugs: Launchpad.
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE*Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200*4 GiB ram*nVidia GeForce 9500GT*Realtek RTL8101/8102E*Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7200A*HDD:Samsung HD501LJ/HD103SI*Sitecom X5-N600 Router (WLR-5100)*Mint 16

Copy.com

I don't need Google, my wife knows everything!
nomko
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas