Make reporting bugs easier

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

Make reporting bugs easier

Postby Zorba on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 am

I think Mint dev. need tomake bug reporting easier. Instead of going to launchpad everytime a bug is encountred, why don't we have a section in the forum for that or use the same account tologin to every Mint sevice and website! Maybe we should have an admin to take care of that: People can report bugs on the forum and only realbugs are reported by that admin to Launchpad :D
Zorba
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Make reporting bugs easier

Postby nomko on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Brahim wrote:I think Mint dev. need tomake bug reporting easier. Instead of going to launchpad everytime a bug is encountred, why don't we have a section in the forum for that or use the same account tologin to every Mint sevice and website! Maybe we should have an admin to take care of that: People can report bugs on the forum and only realbugs are reported by that admin to Launchpad :D

Nice idea, but not realistic. If 1 admin is appointed to post every bug on Launchpad, he/she would have a fulltime job to do that. Now everybody is free to report bugs on Launchpad, all you need is an account to login. By doing this, it saves a lot of time for forum admin/mod's to read, check and rewrite/type over the bug on Launchpad. So, not realistic if you ask me. It's time consuming and i don't think that 1 person has that much time to do it voluntarily.

And a bug section on the forum is not a good place either while there's already a good place to report bugs: Launchpad.
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE*Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200*4 GiB ram*nVidia GeForce 9500GT*Realtek RTL8101/8102E*Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7200A*HDD:Samsung HD501LJ/HD103SI*Sitecom X5-N600 Router (WLR-5100)

Visit my website:
My personal website
nomko
Level 9
Level 9

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas