ntfs

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Do not post ideas for application developers. Please use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo ideas.

ntfs

Postby jett on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:56 pm

woops sorry about last post anyways.
i remember having trouble configuring ubuntu to read and write my ntfs drive and it would be nice if you guys made it where ubuntu automaticaly recognized the ntfs and give read and write permissions to the user and you guys should think about adding virtualization in there so i can run windows in linux. like parralel software. so i dont have to use wine cause wine doesnt work very well for games. maybe vt will
jett
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: ntfs

Postby scorp123 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:55 am

jett wrote:you guys should think about adding virtualization in there
Please google around for Xen ...

jett wrote: so i can run windows in linux.
Why oh why would you want to do that?? But OK, if you really insist: Google around for VMware ...

jett wrote:so i dont have to use wine cause wine doesnt work very well for games.
Google around for Cedega ...
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Postby marcus0263 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 pm

scorp123 wrote:
jett wrote:so i dont have to use wine cause wine doesnt work very well for games.
Google around for Cedega ...
Cedega pretty much bites, my take is get a Play Station, etc. until there is a better selection for Linux native games.
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Postby theoneghost on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:49 pm

Whats wrong with Cedega? I was looking into it. Anything specific?
theoneghost
Level 1
Level 1

Postby marcus0263 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:06 pm

theoneghost wrote:Whats wrong with Cedega? I was looking into it. Anything specific?
It's hit and miss with the games, some work well from what I hear. Every now and then I pay for a "subscription" to see how they're coming along but have always been disappointed. I guess things like World of Warcraft work well, but I like games like SimCity4 and I've yet been able to get it to run worth a crap.

So I'd say spend $15 and check it out, but make sure you cancel if you're not pleased or they will ding your CC again automatically.

Caveat Emptor
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Postby NiksaVel on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:57 pm

lol... I've never managed to run stable simcity 4 even under fully patched and updated winxp pro ... :)))

I managed to get Counter-Strike Source to work under wine, but the graphics quality is nowhere near the native windows enviroment ... and even the performance is lower ...

It's a very sad thing that there is no adequate solution for running games under linux... in the past few months that I've learnt to work under linux I've grown to love this OS very much, but I would never consider removing the windows partition and being completely free because of only one reason - games... I love playing games in my free time and I hate consoles ...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby scorp123 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 pm

marcus0263 wrote:Cedega pretty much bites, my take is get a Play Station, etc. until there is a better selection for Linux native games.
Yes, with Cedega you have to check first if the game you want to run would even work under Cedega. But aside from this it's better than nothing.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Postby NiksaVel on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 pm

ya.. but you have to pay... MONTHLY... to get to run games that would look and perform worse than under windows... it's just WRONG!! :evil:
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby scorp123 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 pm

NiksaVel wrote:ya.. but you have to pay... MONTHLY... to get to run games that would look and perform worse than under windows... it's just WRONG!! :evil:
Or you compile their sources from CVS :wink:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas