The feeling

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Lemon3

The feeling

Post by Lemon3 »

Hello,

Linux Mint:

If you look at OS X , Windows , etc each OS has this feeling to it.

What about making Linux Mint have more of a feeling?:
- More of a fresh fruit colorful earth beautiful feeling,
[+] Wallpapers
[+] User Interface
[+] The way everything looks and feels.

So in all it comes to, it creates this magical beautiful feeling, like its giving this feeling, this setting.
nomko

Re: The feeling

Post by nomko »

Feel free to come up with your own theme(s)!
Lemon3

Post by Lemon3 »

nomko wrote:Feel free to come up with your own theme(s)!
Something more powerful than themes.

Post by 1.618 »

to be fair, i think the actual appearance of an individuals desktop should be the users responsibility, not the dev teams, who are limited in numbers and resources and have to prioritise what they work on. Whilst it would be nice to have a whole pantheon of themes and fancy astheatically pleasing stuff included, it will end up bloating the install and not everybody wants loads of extras taking up space on their drive. there are plenty of extras you can add post install if you hunt around, and like previously suggested you are welcome to create your own.
Last edited by 1.618 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0ddity

Post by 0ddity »

I think that feeling comes from using the terminal in Linux, that nitty gritty, nuts and bolts, do anything you please feeling. Simply slapping one of the MANY interfaces that each come with tons of their own themes on top doesn't change that quintessential thing that makes a Nix computer what it is.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

I saw a macbook air in PCworld today, and I saw the price tag, the only feeling I got was shock.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”