latest Gnucash with OFX support fully enabled

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

latest Gnucash with OFX support fully enabled

Postby chad on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:57 pm

I would really like to see Linux Mint include the latest version of Gnucash like it does with Amarok.

Ubuntu allows users to install it from the repos after install; but I don't understand why it isn't included in the install. Every one of my friends that I have helped get setup on Linux, want to use a personal financial package on their computer including me. This seems to me to be an obvious choice when trying provide a desktop system that provides the major types of programs such as an office package that typical users want to use out of the box.

It would really be great if Linux Mint would provide the latest version Gnucash available at the time the distribution is being put together during the install or through a Linux Mint repo that has the full OFX and aqbanking support enabled. I don't understand why Ubuntu isn't providing a package that has this feature enabled by default. It is extremely useful to be able to download my banking info instead of entering/reconciling it manually.

I have a hard time believing that there aren't more people out there that would love to see this suggestion implemented as well. Please voice your support for this "feature."
chad
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:18 pm

http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Suggestions

Added to the list of suggestions.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas