Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
runbei

Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Post by runbei »

I would be profoundly grateful if the Mint dev team would make desktop icon labels automatically change to a light color when we choose a dark desktop background. I would even happier if new program icons, drive icons, etc. would automatically appear on my default (right-hand) monitor. Lastly, why make us anal types line up desktop icons pixel by pixel - it would be lovely to have an option to have them automatically line up with a grid.
grano salis

Re: Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Post by grano salis »

If only 1 of these could be done, I'd push for the background first & foremost! VERY frustrating to see things disappear. And disappointing when introducing linux to interested people who complain and want to know why I can't fix it! And I've tried. Unfortunately, choosing foreground / background colors can only help sometimes.
Yfrwlf
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Post by Yfrwlf »

Nemo NEEDS an option where it treats the desktop like it does a folder's contents in its file browser. It needs an option for lining up the desktop like a grid.

This would be the DEFAULT BEHAVIOR of every distro out there if this were implemented! Right now, as stuff gets added to the desktop, it starts dropping it randomly due to files having different name lengths I think is the reason. I don't know of anyone who actually would want that as the default behavior.

It looks like this "bug" has been marked as a "new" bug since 2003. That is so pathetic:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=129937

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”