Include User Guide

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
wuying_ren

Include User Guide

Post by wuying_ren »

Hi all!

I think that the only way to have the User Guide is to download it from the web. I mean, it's not on the LiveCD or at least I haven't managed to find it. My suggestion is to put a link on the menu for the User Guide (and include it on the CD if it's not yet). Also, it could be very handy to have the User Guide along with the "Install" icon on the desktop, when executing the Live session.

Maybe after installation, this link on the menu opens a localized version of the User Guide. And if the DVD edition is finally released, maybe it will be possible to have the localized version for the selected language (if it exists, of course).

At least putting the Guide on the desktop or the Documents folder can be very useful for people without internet connection. What do you think about this?
tawan

Re: Include User Guide

Post by tawan »

I had suggested elsewhere to have the User guide on the desktop along side the Install icon.

A problem may be that the guide is made after the ISO so could not be included - An alternative then would be to have an icon on the desktop but that links to the guide on-line.

It is a good idea though, however it is best done :)
viking777

Re: Include User Guide

Post by viking777 »

I think you might find the problem is a lack of space on the iso, it still has to fit onto a 700Mb disc when burned and that might just tip it over - a desktop link would get around that problem though.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”