'Complete' theme manager?

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
farmfield

'Complete' theme manager?

Post by farmfield »

Isn't such a bad idea is it? Vote at: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/15918/
How about being able to choose an OS X-theme and in one click you get the aqua-look, compiz-expo with spaces-look, the widget-layer, a suiting ikonset, a Safari-theme for Firefox and Cairo-Dock using an OS X-theme?

Or in one click be able to get a Vista-look complete with the desklets, an IE8-theme in Firefox, compiz set to mimic 'flip-3D' and the whole bloatness of it all?

Or how about a Borg-theme (the StarTrek species, not the tennisplayer) using StarTrek icons as well as changing the wallpapers and skydome to get that nasty Borg-cube when rotating the desktop cube - or a Borg-theme (the tennisplayer, not those weird folks I spoke of before) using the Compiz cube deformation plugin with the right desktop- and cubecap images to create a desktop-tennisball with 360-degree shot of Wimbledon arena as skydome...

So there's this guy who wants to check out GNU/Linux. During installation he get's the choice to choose which 'theme' he wants. He picks a Windows-like theme and this of coarse makes his transition to GNU/Linux easier. He uses the 'Ubuntu-art'-feature to download a wallpaper with a Corvette '58 as wallpaper.

His wife on the other hand, she uses a Mac in the office and always preferred that, she choose an OS X-like theme when creating her user account. Now, using fast user switching she goes from her husbands Windows-look and midlife-crisis-corvette-wallpaper to her OS X-like theme with that picture of her son in dipers as her background picture.

Their son, very irritated over his mothers choice of wallpaper, he on the other hand has that Borg-theme I mentioned above. Which? I'd guess the StarTrek-thingie - tennis is so 1980's...

To do this you'll need a theme-manager capable of making the GNOME-settings, capable installing a dock (like AWN or Cairo-Dock) or desklets. It must also be able to change the Firefox- as well as Compiz- and dock-themes - and all in one click...

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”