Dbl Click Animation

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Spurge

Dbl Click Animation

Post by Spurge »

Is it possible to add an animation when you double click on an icon to launch an app. ? I often don't know if my clicks registered :)

Damn good OS so far, the team needs to be commended!
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Dbl Click Animation

Post by kyphi »

If you look closely the next time that you want to open a folder, etc, you will notice the "throbber" - an animated gif of a circle with an inner circle indicating progress in opening a file or programme.
On "fast" computers this is quite transient - so you may have missed it.

Yes, it is a damn good OS.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Spurge

Post by Spurge »

Yep.. I see that animation, but you are right. It goes by fast :)
It's only a trivial thing, but I kind of got used to the fast expanding squares type animation on a program launch. Can live without it, but would be a nice touch in later builds.

As far as this OS. After the shock of installing Windows 8, this is the best thing I have done lol. Reminds me of the responsive and snappy feel I had back when I was using BeOS ;)
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

... back when I was using BeOS ...
Careful, you are showing your age :wink:

Regarding the throbber, I have seen more attractive ones and a change from that circle within a circle would be welcome.
I would support a change for the better. The right eye candy is attractive and that would be of advantage to promoting Linux Mint.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Spurge

Post by Spurge »

Hey you knew BeOS yourself there ;) I'm an old bugger, been on a computer since Commodore 64 days. :) That little addition of animation on program launch would be a nice touch though. Just a thought.

I can't praise the devs enough of this Linux build, damn fine job!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”