Desktop Launcher Ikon

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Desktop Launcher Ikon

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Hi,
I have created a number of launchers on my desktop ,by right-clicking and selecting the launcher option. I have launchers for mounting/unmounting a networked drive as well as several for starting ssh tunnels.

The trouble is that the ikon is the same (springy-thing) in each case. This looks a bit samey on the desktop and is also a little confusing. Apologies, if it is already possible to select different ikons, but I haven't found out how yet, but could I suggest that there is either a choice of ikons or maybe even a link to an ikon editor so I can create my own.
proxima_centauri

Re: Desktop Launcher Ikon

Post by proxima_centauri »

Right-click on the desired launcher, hit properties.
It shows the Icon graphic (right under the "Basic" tab), you can click on this to modify what icon is used.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Hi,

Yes I can click on it, and it takes me to a Nautilus window headed "select a custom ikon". Could you tell me where the custom ikons are?
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Wherever the icon you want to use is located.

Code: Select all

/usr/share/pixmaps
has some generic icons, also you can look in your /home/username/.icons/ and /usr/share/icons
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Thanks proxima_centauri. I have found the ones in /usr/share/pixmap and this now works fine.

I think it would be a useful suggestion that a new feature could be added so that when you click on the default launcher ikon, a window appears with all the possibilities displayed, rather than having to search around for them.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”