Forum Suggestion

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
rec9140

Forum Suggestion

Post by rec9140 »

Can we please split the KDE forum into a 3.5.x and a 4.x forum(s) so that the topics for the two can be separate.

That way the KDE 3.5.x users can respond to the 3.5.x issues and those using KDE 4.x can respond to those topics.

With the massive changes between 3.5.x and 4.x having them split off would allow for the correct answers to be provided versus having to ask if they are using 3.5.x, waiting for a reply or replying with steps that won't work on 3.5.x, etc..

Thanks for your consideration.
Husse

Re: Forum Suggestion

Post by Husse »

Hmm - yes that might be a good idea, but sorting things into the right category takes too long for me to do
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

Husse wrote:Hmm - yes that might be a good idea, but sorting things into the right category takes too long for me to do
Let the chips fall where they are for the current posts.

Users can self sort in the future.

Alternatively add posting tags as a way to sort this out. Most forum software has an option to setup a choice of a tag that gets added to the subject line.

ala [KDE 3.5.x] [KDE 4.x] is radio button choice that the user can select when posting. Probably can even make it mandatory, with an option somewhere in phpbb. I've seen it on other sites.
Husse

Post by Husse »

You may have seen it on other sites, but we have to live with what phpBB can offer :)
And such buttons is not an available option :)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”