Access To System Monitor

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
opticyclic

Access To System Monitor

Post by opticyclic »

Access to the System Monitor is a bit cumbersome.
Admittedly if you know it exists in the menu you can find it, or use the filter to get it.
However, its just not as quick as having it via a keyboard shortcut.

The 5th post in this thread suggests a way to access the System Monitor via Ctrl-Alt-Del
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=8415

That would be good by default.
However, I would also like to see it in the context menu of the Task Bar as in other O/Ss (fairly sure Solaris has it there too)
distoaddict

Re: Access To System Monitor

Post by distoaddict »

I agree. it is a bit awkward to get to which is why i always add it to the panel.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

opticyclic wrote:Access to the System Monitor is a bit cumbersome.
Admittedly if you know it exists in the menu you can find it, or use the filter to get it.
However, its just not as quick as having it via a keyboard shortcut.

The 5th post in this thread suggests a way to access the System Monitor via Ctrl-Alt-Del
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=8415

That would be good by default.
However, I would also like to see it in the context menu of the Task Bar as in other O/Ss (fairly sure Solaris has it there too)

Interesting thread, particularly the post about 'xkill'. But here is a question for you, how do you kill 'xkill' :!: Supposing you have just tried out the command 'xkill' but don't actually want to kill anything ( I have just done exactly that) how to get rid of 'xkill' without killing something else first??
I can't find a way.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

When I use xkill from terminal left-click kills, right-click "gets rid of xkill".
viking777

Post by viking777 »

DOH :oops: :oops:

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”