Installation...

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Do not post ideas for application developers. Please use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo ideas.

Installation...

Postby Dominik on Wed May 09, 2007 9:18 am

Hi!
I like Kubuntu and Mint KDE Edition too. But one of the things I don't like is installation. It's very simple and I can't set concrete how I want to install.
So I'll be very happy if you append to installation process part where I'll be able to choose what software I want to install (there could be 2 resources: 1st...I can choose manually all software, 2nd...software split to some groups, e.g. Programming, Office etc. ).
I know that it could be more difficult for somebody but you could make some buttons at start of installation where I can choose type of installation.
I really thank you.

PS: I'm sorry for my English but I don't know it very good.
Dominik
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Wed May 09, 2007 10:03 am

You posted this in the entirely wrong subforum
Actually you have more degrees of freedom in the (K)Ubuntu/Mint install than in some others. The problem is that installers are really hard to make, so there aren't that many around.
Oh, and welcome to Mint Dominik
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby NiksaVel on Sat May 12, 2007 4:17 am

quite a good point though... last time I installed Fedora with their anaconda installer it was quite a treat... choose Gnome or KDE or both, and than you can customise every single piece of software that is installed by default as well as add other that would normally not be installed... up to the full 4.5 gig od the DVD... very nice... :D
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Husse on Sat May 12, 2007 4:42 am

I installed Debian the other day, and I did not even find a way to choose partitions. This could of course be me half blind :)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas