Features for mintInstall

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
emorrp1

Re: Features for mintInstall

Post by emorrp1 »

redvivi wrote:Well, I tried to do something logical to me but it didn't work: mintInstall always shows a "Install" button even if the software is installed. I think it would be nice to have a "Uninstall"/"Reinstall" buttons, giving the possibility to managing the mintInstall's software directly through it.
yeah, I think it would be a good idea to be able to uninstall from within mintInstall, even though there's an uninstall right-click option in the menu.
redvivi wrote:By the way, I think it's a little bit confusing (for a new user) to have 2 software managers in Mint: Synaptic and mintInstall. Maybe it would be better to merge the simplicity and efficiency of mintInstall with the packages' richness of Synaptic, which is complicated for a newbie.
That's unlikely to happen. It would be great if it did, but mintInstall uses special .mint files to say what to install, so these would have to be created for each and every one of the thousands of packages available from synaptic.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”