Metisse

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Do not post ideas for application developers. Please use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo ideas.

Metisse

Postby Alephcat on Fri May 25, 2007 4:58 am

if we are going down the road of having Beryl/Compiz installed by default could we think about having Metisse installed aswell. It is not as eyecandyish as the other 2, but it does seem to have lower overheads and do things aimed slightly more at productivity than either of the others.
"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due."
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Fri May 25, 2007 7:47 pm

It's too late for Cassandra at this stage but we can think of how to add this to mintInstall for instance so it makes it easy for people to install.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby stevenrushing on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 pm

I actually have not been able to figure out how beryl makes your desktop more usable. It is pretty, but does it do anything else? The 3d cube is just a pretty version of the ages old 4 desktop setup. Metisse's ability to make windows look 3d, increasing desktop space, but maintaining usability, well, it actually has a purpose other than to be pretty.

Is it possible to do this in beryl?
stevenrushing
Level 1
Level 1

Postby antiquexray on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:17 pm

stevenrushing wrote:I actually have not been able to figure out how beryl makes your desktop more usable.

Hear! Hear! I'll agree to that!
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Sorensei on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:16 am

Well Beryl is pure eyecandy... and for grinning maniacally at Windows boxes struggling with Aero... but now that's just me :twisted:
Now, if you want useful, that's another kettle of fish. :P
I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Izecson on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:46 pm

I agree that Beryl is mostly eye-candy but there are some features that I find useful, especially when working with several Widows.

- Window preview
- Opacify
- Shaded Window ( Ctrl + Alt + s)

Well Beryl is pure eyecandy... and for grinning maniacally at Windows boxes struggling with Aero... but now that's just me :twisted:

I second that :twisted:
Izecson
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas