New Feature

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

New Feature

Post by JohnH »

My wish-list includes improved midi. Ubuntu struggles to get this right (and other distros I think too, from what I read).

I would love for my distro to have a midi option that works so that I can use Rosegarded etc. reliably. Some kind of switching between Jack and ALSA, also a fix for ESD that allows sound t work in virtual machines would be nice.

Regards
John
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Thanks Karlos,

I've got Ubuntu Studio running through VMware server. It is a bit rough this way. I also have tried the others; Musix seems to have a lot of potential but it did not run well on my HP laptop. Screen resolution was a pig. I might try and load it dual boot on another box i have here; see how that goes.

It is just a shame that midi is so difficult. It seems that the developers got it working to a particular level and said: "well that good enough", and then left it. Timidity in particular is a pain like this. I tried for weeks to get it to run without success. I tried everything, read all the forums but nothing would help.

Like always, I get frustrated that I can't program or otherwise I would do my bit to help.

Thanks Karlos,

John
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Thanks Hamish,

It would be nice to have this as part of an install process. I'm not clever enough to know what to do otherwise.

Thanks again,

John

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”