KDE

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

KDE

Postby koki on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:37 pm

As title says, how about thinking of making two parallel versions, one with KDE and one with GNOME. there isn't great difference, maybe in
sudo apt-get install kde-core, but having it pre-installed would be awesome for us, who prefer KDE to GNOME
koki
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby jonpackard on Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:20 pm

jonpackard wrote:I have decided that the best way that I can benefit the Linux Mint community is to create an add-on CD repository. It will benefit users that either need additional drivers to get online, have a limited internet connection, or no internet connection at all. The add-on CD will also make some programs easier to install. In the future I would like to make a DVD version of Linux Mint with the KDE desktop in addition to Gnome. For right now, I'm going to focus on the add-on repository, since it will be included in the DVD.

clem wrote:I'll probably be focusing on KDE after Bianca gets released.

Clem and I have been looking at making a DVD with both Gnome and KDE. He will have time to work on this after the next release. In the meantime, keep an eye out for an add-on CD containing the packages needed for KDE to be available sometime after the final version of Bea is released.
Jon Packard -- Linux Mint user since 11/14/2006
jonpackard
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas