KDE

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
koki
Level 1
Level 1

KDE

Post by koki »

As title says, how about thinking of making two parallel versions, one with KDE and one with GNOME. there isn't great difference, maybe in
sudo apt-get install kde-core, but having it pre-installed would be awesome for us, who prefer KDE to GNOME
jonpackard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jonpackard »

jonpackard wrote:I have decided that the best way that I can benefit the Linux Mint community is to create an add-on CD repository. It will benefit users that either need additional drivers to get online, have a limited internet connection, or no internet connection at all. The add-on CD will also make some programs easier to install. In the future I would like to make a DVD version of Linux Mint with the KDE desktop in addition to Gnome. For right now, I'm going to focus on the add-on repository, since it will be included in the DVD.
clem wrote:I'll probably be focusing on KDE after Bianca gets released.
Clem and I have been looking at making a DVD with both Gnome and KDE. He will have time to work on this after the next release. In the meantime, keep an eye out for an add-on CD containing the packages needed for KDE to be available sometime after the final version of Bea is released.
Jon Packard -- Linux Mint user since 11/14/2006

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”