Firefox theme should be green

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
No ideas for application developers here please. For example instead use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo.

Firefox theme should be green

Postby sourwire on Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:42 pm

I don't know if anyone proposed this before, but I think it would be kind of nice to have themed Firefox in the next version of Mint.
I found a pretty nice green theme at mozilla website. I'm not sure if this is really going to work, but I think it would go with the whole "green mint" thing.
The theme is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4778
sourwire

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Ede on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 pm

Wow, it was really nice. I believe it will fit very very well with the new design we will see in Celena. =)
Ede
Level 4
Level 4

Postby WinXpNewb on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 am

Theme didn't sit well with me. I don't like the idea of a themed Firefox just because I think there would be cries of foul but i'm only taking into account some of the reactions of Iceweasel/Seamonkey replacing Firefox in some distros as basis.

Also, too much green for me in that theme. Actually reminded me more of phlegm than mint.
WinXpNewb
Level 3
Level 3

Postby katasuka on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 am

that theme is too green, but i do think there should at least be an option for end users to theme firefox to fit in well with linux mint
katasuka
Level 2
Level 2

Postby mpop on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:38 am

The problem with that theme is not that it's too green. It's that it's too different from the classic Firefox theme, so it might confuse users.
Actually, I find its usability slightly problematic. Some separations between things of the interface just disappear (borders of the drop-down menus, for instance).

So a Mint theme is a good idea, provided it's not too different from the classic Firefox theme.

Anyway, it's still possible to include a greenish theme not as default, but as an option in Firefox.
mpop
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas