Firefox theme should be green

Contribute ideas for future releases.
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Suggestion & new ideas for Cinnamon go on GitHub.

Firefox theme should be green

Postby sourwire on Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:42 pm

I don't know if anyone proposed this before, but I think it would be kind of nice to have themed Firefox in the next version of Mint.
I found a pretty nice green theme at mozilla website. I'm not sure if this is really going to work, but I think it would go with the whole "green mint" thing.
The theme is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4778
sourwire

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Ede on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 pm

Wow, it was really nice. I believe it will fit very very well with the new design we will see in Celena. =)
Ede
Level 4
Level 4

Postby WinXpNewb on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 am

Theme didn't sit well with me. I don't like the idea of a themed Firefox just because I think there would be cries of foul but i'm only taking into account some of the reactions of Iceweasel/Seamonkey replacing Firefox in some distros as basis.

Also, too much green for me in that theme. Actually reminded me more of phlegm than mint.
WinXpNewb
Level 3
Level 3

Postby katasuka on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 am

that theme is too green, but i do think there should at least be an option for end users to theme firefox to fit in well with linux mint
katasuka
Level 2
Level 2

Postby mpop on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:38 am

The problem with that theme is not that it's too green. It's that it's too different from the classic Firefox theme, so it might confuse users.
Actually, I find its usability slightly problematic. Some separations between things of the interface just disappear (borders of the drop-down menus, for instance).

So a Mint theme is a good idea, provided it's not too different from the classic Firefox theme.

Anyway, it's still possible to include a greenish theme not as default, but as an option in Firefox.
mpop
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas