idea - application rating style

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
leo_mancini

idea - application rating style

Post by leo_mancini »

Hi all,

I apologise if this has already been suggested...

Though I believe that there should be easier ways to rate applications for the 'software manager'.

If a user could 'right click' an application icon from either a KDE or Gnome application launcher to say something to the like of - 'rate this app',
I think this would be an improvement (in the sense that it would prompt me to rate the application).

Should I really enjoy an application - I would otherwise need to think - yeah what a great app, let me go into the 'software manager' and rate the app.
I don't want to do this.

Alternatively, there could be a 'rate my apps' option whereby it would still link to the the 'software manager' application, though it would automatically filter the applications that you already have on your PC,
allowing you to further filter down to the application that you have on your PC. You could then give it a rating out of 5. As soon as you click the ratings, it would allow you to add a comment.
sagirfahmid3

Re: idea - application rating style

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

It doesn't work like that, you have to register an account to rate applications.
I think you want something like Ubuntu's software manager, right? I would agree too...Mint's software manager looks too simple; it needs a makeover!
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: idea - application rating style

Post by xenopeek »

sagirfahmid3 wrote:Mint's software manager looks too simple; it needs a makeover!
Said the Linux Mint 9 user :wink:

But you are right, you need an account to rate or review software over at the community website: http://community.linuxmint.com/software/browse
Perhaps the information from the community website could be made available in the Software Manager.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”