Software comments language

Contribute ideas for future releases.
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Suggestion & new ideas for Cinnamon go on GitHub.

Software comments language

Postby exodoom on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:17 am

It would be very interesting if users could customize language filters for software manager comments. It's ok for me when comments are in Spanish or English, but sometimes I see comments in French or such and they are like "blablabla blabla blabla bla blablablabla blabla". May I choose to see only Spanish comments, or Spanish + English + Not-specificed ones, the kindly French user could write his "this app is awesome (in French)" and I would not get annoyed anymore.
exodoom
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Software comments language

Postby Sannaj on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Well first of all this is probably not the software an Linux Distribution is focussing on. But the much more important point is, how should a computer program distinguish between different languages? This kind of stuff is something, humans are far superior to machines. It would be an enormous effort to write a distinguishing logic. So you probably have to deal with the comments.
Sannaj
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Software comments language

Postby exodoom on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:46 pm

That's why I put the "Not specified" portion in my example. When an user writes a comment, he should specify the language he's writing in. The comments already written are not specified.
exodoom
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas