Software comments language

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
exodoom

Software comments language

Post by exodoom »

It would be very interesting if users could customize language filters for software manager comments. It's ok for me when comments are in Spanish or English, but sometimes I see comments in French or such and they are like "blablabla blabla blabla bla blablablabla blabla". May I choose to see only Spanish comments, or Spanish + English + Not-specificed ones, the kindly French user could write his "this app is awesome (in French)" and I would not get annoyed anymore.
Sannaj

Re: Software comments language

Post by Sannaj »

Well first of all this is probably not the software an Linux Distribution is focussing on. But the much more important point is, how should a computer program distinguish between different languages? This kind of stuff is something, humans are far superior to machines. It would be an enormous effort to write a distinguishing logic. So you probably have to deal with the comments.
exodoom

Re: Software comments language

Post by exodoom »

That's why I put the "Not specified" portion in my example. When an user writes a comment, he should specify the language he's writing in. The comments already written are not specified.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”