"No changelog available"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

"No changelog available"

Postby AnotherJohnC on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 am

I rarely ever get changelog information for updates. I won't say never because I have seen changelog information at least once in all the updates that have come along but it's extremely rare.
This information is very important to me and should be important to everyone, when will this critical bug be fixed?
AnotherJohnC
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: "No changelog available"

Postby karlchen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello, AnotherJohnC.

In the meantime, you may resort to Synaptic package manager. You can right click on a software package, select properties from the context menu and then activate the tab "Description". There is a button [Display change log]. After clicking this button you will be presented the changelog, provided it is available. Not all software repositories support changelogs.

Kind regards,
Karl
Endless legions of bigoted, brutal, bloodthirsty Orcs from the dark land of Mordor are bringing desolation, despair and death to the poor inhabitants of the Middle East. [1]
karlchen
Level 10
Level 10

Re: "No changelog available"

Postby AnotherJohnC on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Karl, thank you for the reply.

Are you saying that, for example, when the update for node.js 0.10.19 that I saw this morning in mintUpdate which said "changelog not available" was due to it simply not being entered by someone somewhere (because I know that information exists at the source at least) or is this just a bug of some kind in mintUpdate?
AnotherJohnC
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications