Upgrade from Mint Felicia 64 to Mint Gloria 64

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Upgrade from Mint Felicia 64 to Mint Gloria 64

Postby BlueLion on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:11 am

The upgrade process seemed to run smoothly, but after rebooting Mint Gloria the network connection wasn't recognized anymore - so I had no other choice but to reinstall Mint Felicia ...
BlueLion
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Upgrade from Mint Felicia 64 to Mint Gloria 64

Postby emorrp1 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Well, that's a bit drastic action, seeing as how the problem was probably due to the upgrade path (not recommended) and not gloria itself. Perhaps you would have found a solution by asking for help rather than posting that you just gave up.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Upgrade from Mint Felicia 64 to Mint Gloria 64

Postby BlueLion on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Had no alternative, no network connection, thus no email and no internet, and nobody locally available who's a Linux Mint-expert.
Therefore there was no possible way to get assistance. Do not understand me wrong, I don't blame anybody, I've been warned that upgrading (instead of installing freshly) is risky, so I've learned my lesson now. Just wanted to give a warning what might happen with upgrader.
BlueLion
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions