Mint 9 Rhythmbox radio nixes drag 'n' drop

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Mint 9 Rhythmbox radio nixes drag 'n' drop

Postby doubled on Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 pm

In previous editions I've been able to drag and drop into the radio list various *.pls or *.m3u files I've obtained from "listen live" pages of various public radio stations. Since the Rhythmbox with Mint 9 RC (and Ubuntu 10.4), I can no longer drag and drop those files into the radio listings from the folder where I keep the files. Instead, I must use the actual URL of the station, a real pain and time-consuming, among other things. Strangely (but this is not the main issue right now), in the case of WAMU (American University Radio), using the URL causes Rhythmbox to crash - close completely - which had never happened before.

As I attempt to drag and drop, I see a border form on the perimeter of the radio listings box, as if it were a shield.

Anyone know why this is happening with Ubuntu 10.4/Mint 9 RC? It was so easy before!

Both, if it matters, are x86_64 editions. I've not tried it with the x86_32.

Otherwise, this Mint 9 is beautiful, as expected!
doubled
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions