Problem: Libreoffice (or Open Office) Calc file stuck in sort-of maximized state, with no minimize or resize buttons and the desktop panel(s) hidden.
To reproduce problem:
1. From a normally opened libreoffice calc spreadsheet document, go to full screen (CTRL-ALT-J).
2. Save and close the file.
3. Re-open the file.
4. Opens in maximized window with no minimize or resize buttons, only a close button in title bar; no desktop panel.
5. Can go to full screen and out of full screen (CTRL-ALT-J), but problem persists.
6. Only affects files thus handled, i.e., made full screen and then closed.
7. Other libreoffice files open normally.
This problem has recently occurred in both Mint 10 and Mint 12 (main editions, both). Mint 12 is running the beautiful Cinnamon DE.
Found the answer at http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =5&t=46263
1. Close all libreoffice files.
2. Go to home folder .libreoffice/3/user
3. Rename registrymodifications.xcu
4. Delete registrymodifications.xcu
5. Restart libreoffice file that was opening un-minizeable.
This is actually an answer to a question nobody apparently posted. But as I have had the problem before and neglected to write down the solution, and just spent an hour searching for an answer, I thought to post this to hopefully save someone else's time!