[HOW TO] QQ International on Linux

Write tutorials for Linux Mint here
More tutorials on https://github.com/orgs/linuxmint/discu ... /tutorials and (archive) on https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial
Forum rules
Don't add support questions to tutorials; start your own topic in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post read forum rules
dumplings

Re: [HOW TO] QQ International on Linux

Post by dumplings »

Hello Harharhar. Am I mistaken or does pidgin merely offer you web QQ, which you don't need pidgin for anyway, since you can just go on web QQ directly?
dumplings

Post by dumplings »

My mistake the tutorial does work, but I think something needs clarifying for us mere mortals. Now when you get to this bit- longene/qq2012/drive_c/Program Files/Tencent- he means find the longene folder by clicking 'view' in home folder and selecting hidden files- open it- then click drive c- then click program files- then click Tencent and in the box that opens you will see a green QQ -put your green QQintl thingy alongside it to keep it company. The one you extracted from the QQIntl 1.5 you downloaded-just drag the toerag into said box. It's worth adding that it will work better if you remove wintricks and any internet explorer you may have previously installed. Not good enough to just rely on package manager to remove it, you have to track down anything relating to it which may remain skulking in hidden folders. You don't want wine Internet Explorer openning any links sent to you by QQ because it won't work very well- you want linux own Firefox or Chromium to do the job.
urbexer

Post by urbexer »

Will you be complaining about BT as well in future ,or do you just have a manic hatred of all things Chinese?
I am actually really annoyed now, there were no racial slurs against chinese people in that posting!

I merely proportioned blame at tencent, BT have nothing to do with it, if they don't have support for linux users, not my problem!

We are talking about tencent, a software company, and why we have to do all this pigging around, when they have english mac and win 7 versions of qq international...not to mention chinese versions for ipad/android et al.

Grow out of yer box, and stop accusing others of being anti, just because we have differing opinions. If you continue to post in this way, riling people up, you will not make friends.
PeterJava

Post by PeterJava »

o_unico wrote:I followed the links given by OP, and installed the .deb file.
QQ is working perfectly here. Linux Maya LTS(13)
Thank you.
dumplings wrote:Bully for you, unico- care to elaborate-maybe clarify where you think others might be misunderstanding the instructions, please?
I followed the OP's instruction and installed the .deb file.
QQ is working for me too.
You need to download WineQQ2012-20120719-Longene.deb NOT WineQQ2012-20121221-Longene.deb which the OP's link leads to.
You can get WineQQ2012-20120719-Longene.deb http://www.findthatrpm.com/search-49553 ... ne-deb.htm (click Download now
File Size: 152.1 mb on the top right corner).

I also commented out the line check_firstrun (put a # in front of it).

Thanks
LEDominator

Post by LEDominator »

I realize this post is a bit old but I used it to get the current version of QQIntl working on Linux Mint 16 Mate (I'm on an old netbook). The instructions more or less still apply except that instead of qq2012 it is now just qq. The main thing is to just scroll through the qq.sh file and change all references to QQ to be to QQIntl with respect to the windows folder location (ie ../Tencent/QQ/bin... becomes ../Tencent/QQIntl/bin...) After that it launches normally. I did have a hard time entering the password but if you login via the QR code option it logs in just fine and I am able to talk to my wife's family in China with no problems.

Return to “Tutorials”