The games N, Machinarium, and Minecraft are my favorite games to play. And they play well on Mint 13 Maya!
Lets get started.
N homepage --> http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/ online demo --> http://www.addictinggames.com/action-games/ngame.jsp
1) download this file (the 'N' game) --> http://www.ziva-vatra.com/downloads/N_v14_vatra
2) put this file in a folder (.n) and save it in your home directory. Should look like this --> /home/your user name/.n
3) right click the file in the .n folder and make sure it is executable.
4) create launcher. open 'main menu' and click 'games' in left panel. click 'new item' button. enter in these properties --> N, /home/your user name/.n/N_v14_vatra, cool game. I like this icon (the one for Nvtv Out) --> http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=140085
5) if you have any problems with it not opening, you probably don't have flash player installed. I have 'Ubuntu Software Center' installed and I just opened it and searched for 'adobe flash player' and installed it. If you don't have USC installed, just do 'sudo apt-get install software-center' in terminal.
Machinarium homepage and demo --> http://machinarium.net
1) download game (it costs $10 and is well worth it) --> http://machinarium.net
2) put this file in a folder (.machinarium) and save it in your home directory. Should look like this --> /home/your user name/.machinarium
3) run installer and right click the 'Machinarium' file in the .machinarium folder and make sure it is executable.
4) create launcher. open 'main menu' and click 'games' in left panel. click 'new item' button. enter in these properties --> Machinarium, sh -c "cd ~/.machinarium && ./Machinarium", cool game. I like this Machinarium icon --> http://half-left.deviantart.com/art/Gam ... -189876623?
5) Rock on!
And last but not least...
Minecraft homepage and demo --> http://www.minecraft.net/
1) download game (it costs $26.95 but I got mine for a lot less with a Humble Indie Bundle purchase) --> http://www.minecraft.net/
2) I used an installer script and it is pretty easy and straight forward. It does not download anything illegal. After install you will still have to enter username and password to confirm you have paid for the game. Find it here and just follow directions --> http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/250 ... update-20/
3) menu icon and a desktop icon will be created for you. Since I use Faenza icons, I like this icon --> http://master-of-design.deviantart.com/ ... -190573901 and click the link for the svg file, it looks better
4) Have fun!