I just wanted to let people know I've successfully installed a new Epson Stylus Office BX535WD as my new wireless All-in-One (using Maya-64). I've tested/checked and both printing (incl. duplex) and scanning work wirelessly:
1. Installed the printer under Windows 7 (and did the proposed printer firmware update (not the driver, the firmware!) - not sure this is needed to get everything working wirelessly);
2. Manually configured the 535 to have a fixed IP address (to suit my network set-up);
3. Downloaded the Epson software from http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX (correct, from Epson, not from Avasys; they have older packages/versions!);
4. Installed (from above site): 1.) Full Feature Printer Driver package (not the generic), 2.) Core Package & Data Package, and 3.) Network Plugin Package - No other configuration and or settings had to be done;
5. Added the printer via CUPS (localhost:631), selecting the proper BX535WD driver (printer was automatically detected; 4 printers were detected (physically the same unit), I just picked the very first one);
Wireless scanning works via Xsane, Simple Scan and Gimp, (not via Image Scan! for Linux).
Hope this helps.
P.S. I haven't checked accessing the memory card reader present in the 535 via Linux.