wmeler wrote:As of today, Firefox that comes with LinuxMint does a duckduckgo search if you type in the address bar.
Here's how to switch it to google search instead:
1) in the address bar, type "about:config" <ENTER>
2) It will warn you not that you are voiding something. Click "I’ll be careful, I Promise!" (or something similar)
2) in the entry for Search, type "keyword.URL"
3) right click on the "keyword.URL" entry that results and choose "Reset"
4) Open a New Tab and type your search into the address bar. Done.
wmeler wrote:oddly...it worked for me, but then when i just re-did it...it didn't.
here's the solution, regardless:
hope that helps, and sorry.
Users browsing this forum: DeVIL-I386 and 9 guests