Directions For Cassandra
Install the following packages:
sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-pitfdll gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse
Set up Sound Juicer:
Open up Sound Juicer-->Edit-->Preferences-->Output Format-->CD Quality, MP3 (MP3 audio)
Directions for Bianca
It seems as though Bianca doesn't automatically create a profile for MP3 audio, so you'll have to create one manually:
1) Follow the directions for Cassandra, but when it comes to setting up Sound Juicer navigate to Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Profiles
2) Select â€œNewâ€, enter a name of your choice, and press â€œCreateâ€
3) Select your new profile from the list and click â€œEditâ€
*Note: I noticed a weird bug while going through the following steps...here's the fix:
While attempting to edit your profile you may find that you are unable to select or type anything into the text fields. To rectify this try closing the previous window labeled â€œEdit GNOME Audio Profilesâ€ and then your current window should now be active.
4) Under Gstreamer pipeline enter the following:
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc mode=0 vbr-quality=6 ! id3v2mux
5) Under File extension enter:
6) Check the box labeled "Active?"
7) Restart Sound Juicer, and make sure to select the new profile you just created.
Last edited by zephyrus54
on Sun May 13, 2007 10:10 am, edited 6 times in total.