* MYOB Accounting Plus v(x)
* MYOB Premier v(x)
-- where (x) is the version number of your MYOB application...
*** I need to mention here that I have tested this ONLY with MYOB Accounting Plus v17.
There are two prerequisites to having MYOB run under Linux Mint 7. These are:
* Wine and Wine-Doors installed (see below)
* A Backup of the MYOB directory is taken from the existing WINDOWS installation!
1) INSTALL WINE and WINE-DOORS by executing the following code in the TERMINAL window:
- Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install wine wine-doors
2) DOWNLOAD your MYOB Installer file from the MYOB website or have the MYOB Installation CD handy...
3) Launch Wine-Doors (MENU > WINE > WINE-DOORS)
4) Once Wine-Doors has launched, Choose FILE > INSTALL FROM CD (wether you have a CD or installer file, doesn't matter!)
5) At this point, if you have a CD - Wine-Doors will have recognised this and started the installer, or asked you to specify the install file. (usually setup.exe, or setup.msi) OR If you have downloaded the installer file from the website, simply choose BROWSE and locate the .EXE installer THEN choose RUN
6) The MYOB / Windows Install Shield will fire up. Follow through the usual Windows installation procedure here.
NOTE: Keep in mind that Wine-Doors emulates a Windows environment. You can change environment variables / settings by MENU > WINE > CONFIGURE WINE.
Also, the MYOB installation may take some time, especially registering libraries or setting up ODBC. It may even appear to freeze at this point. If you see no activity for 30 minutes, then feel free to kill the wine processes and reboot Linux. This should not affect your MYOB installation...
7) Once installed, you need to copy your existing (BACKED UP) MYOB directory (FROM WINDOWS) OVER THE TOP of the installation directory - choosing to REPLACE ALL to existing files. Wine emulates the Windows file-system structure by placing files by default in /home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/myobxx
IE - my installation of MYOB Accounting Plus v17 installed here:
** IF YOU DONT COPY YOUR OLD DIRECTORY OVER THE TOP, FILES ARE MISSING AND MYOB WILL NOT RUN UNDER LINUX THROUGH WINE-DOORS!
LAUNCH your MYOB installation - the shortcut should be in the "MENU > WINE > + MYOB Ver xx +"