Bea only includes some element of OpenOffice 2.1 (Writer, Calc and Impress). If you want to get the rest of OpenOffice 2.1 (Draw, Base..etc) installed on your machine follow these steps:
- Open Firefox to download this file:
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/misc/openoffice/ ... deb.tar.gz
- Once downloaded on your desktop, right click on it and choose "Extract Here".
- Once the extraction is finished, this creates a folder called DEBS. Right click on that folder and choose "Open in a Terminal".
- In the terminal that opens, type the following:
- Code: Select all
sudo dpkg -i *
- Right click on the Applications menu and select "Edit Menus"
- In the left pane of the menu editor, choose "Office".
- In the right pane, deselect and reselect "Draw" and "Math".
Note: There's a bug in OpenOffice 2.1 that affects the wizard for OO_Base on Debian based systems. I don't have a fix for that yet.