You probably noticed that in Bea, OpenOffice 2.1 only supported English. Even if you localize Linux Mint 2.1, OpenOffice 2.1 still only supports English. For it to support your own language, you need to get a language pack:
- Open Firefox and go to this address:
http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/misc/openof ... packs_deb/
- Find all the packages for your language. (Example: For French, there are 3 packages..) and download them.
- Create a folder on your desktop and move the downloaded packages in it.
- Right click the folder and choose "Open in a terminal".
- Type the following:
- Code: Select all
sudo dpkg -i *
- Open OpenOffice and go to Tools->Options->Language Settings->Languages and select your language in "User Interface".
- Restart OpenOffice and it should be in your own language.