How to increase the space for web pages in Firefox

Write tutorials for Linux Mint here
More tutorials on https://github.com/orgs/linuxmint/discu ... /tutorials and (archive) on https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial
Forum rules
Don't add support questions to tutorials; start your own topic in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post read forum rules
dreamtrip

How to increase the space for web pages in Firefox

Post by dreamtrip »

Just thought I'd post this for the users using firefox on a netbook.
I'm posting this because more often than not it's not possible to zoom out too much on a netbook as readability goes down. Full screen viewing is kinda cumbersome.
I guess the screen area does pose a problem and pixels matter so check this out.
first remove the bookmarks bar by right-clicking the empty space after "help" and un-checking the Bookmarks Bar it.
Then...
smallicon setting.png
Then download the Hide Caption addon or another one which you like from http://addons.mozilla.org for firefox.
And your screen will look like this:
FFMorescreen.png
Now there is more room for you to see:
1. More scraps on Orkut
2. More wall posts on Facebook
3. More results of Google
4. More content in toto.

It's simple is why I'm posting it. Try it...
Aging Technogeek

Re: How to increase the space for web pages in Firefox

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Two more things you can do.

1.Relocate the panel to one side of the screen (I prefer the left side, but its your choice).

2.Go to View=>Toolbars=>Customize.
When the window opens, ignore it. Drag the navigation icons and bar from the navigation toolbar and place them in the menu bar. The outcome will look like this:

This is from my netbook running Peppermint, but it will work in any Mint OS.

To absolutely maximize the space in Firefox, get the theme "Microfox for Firefox" from the Firefox Add-ons menu. It is the smallest theme available.

EDIT
One more thing - remove the status bar at the bottom of the screen. View=>Toolbars=>Status Bar and remove check mark.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

You could also install this add-on for Firefox :D
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

That's a good choice, but I prefer to have the navigation icons and address bar available in the menu bar at all times.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Aging Technogeek wrote:That's a good choice, but I prefer to have the navigation icons and address bar available in the menu bar at all times.
The add-on is configurable. I use it so my customers don't have to fiddle around with things they shouldn't be fiddling around with in Firefox. So I use it to hide the menu bar but leave the navigation and address bar available. (I use another add-on to completely lock down Firefox though.)
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Tutorials”