How To: Fix flash going too fast

Write tutorials here
There are more tutorials here
Forum rules
Please don't add support questions to tutorials,start your own thread in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post please read this

How To: Fix flash going too fast

Postby H4x0r18 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:24 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and this is actually my very first post on the Linux Mint forum. I joined not just because of this fix I figured out but because I like to help contribute to Linux and everything else Linux related. Shall we begin? :D

Youtube or any other flash video on the web just goes way too fast, its like fast fowarding the video and the sound is really bad.

1. Completely uninstall any flash plugins:

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get purge lightspark
sudo apt-get purge swfdec-mozilla
sudo apt-get purge mozilla-plugin-gnash
sudo apt-get purge adobe-flashplugin
sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree
sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer
rm -f /home/**/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*so
rm -rf /home/**/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/Macromed/Flash
sudo rm -f /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/

2. Completely uninstall all pulseaudio:

Linux Mint/Ubuntu Menu > Software Manager > search: pulseaudio > Remove ALL pulseaudio that you can

3. Install Flash (In this tutorial, I will be using gnash):

Linux Mint/Ubuntu Menu > Package Manager > search: gnash > Install mozilla-plugin-gnash (It should install all you need)

4. Finally:

After installing everything that "mozilla-plugin-gnash" package needed, then restart your Firefox browser and test it on a Flash video.

If all goes well in this tutorial, it should fix the fast fowarding in the flash videos and the audio as well. Good Luck, everyone! :wink:
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How To: Fix flash going too fast

Postby rajke88 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 am

That is not solution.
This is solution: At least in my case.
Go go your sound settings and choose correct playback device. It made my flash plugin work again normally.
It was on my RV710/730 HDMI Audio and sound was messed up. Flash was loading too fast.. When i changed it to Built-in Audio Analog Stereo, everything was working fine again.
choose right output device
fix.png (22.38 KiB) Viewed 4403 times
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Tutorials