User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Help make Linux Mint support your language.
Forum rules
No support questions here please

User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby jaap on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm

I am doing the translation of the User Guide to Portuguese. I have no idea if someone else did, but I can't find it and I think it would help to present MINT for portuguese speakers. Help, comments and suggestion are very welcomed.
jaap
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby merlwiz79 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Here is the link for Linux Mint 6 Felicia guide.
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/ ... ser-guide/
Use the .odt to edit.
User avatar
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Here again :)

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby Rob Brill on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:41 pm

jaap wrote:I am doing the translation of the User Guide to Portuguese. I have no idea if someone else did, but I can't find it and I think it would help to present MINT for portuguese speakers. Help, comments and suggestion are very welcomed.



Hi,

First of all one user called pCassiano was in charge of
the LM User Guide translation. He simply never did it into
Portuguese (Brazilian). I was doing the translation but
i have lost 48 pages done (ready) and i do not know what happened
on that occasion and only 14 pages remained. I gave up because
i have been so busy. No matter if the Linux Mint User Guide
comes in Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil and other countries). The
most important of all is that we can have this LM user user
guide finally translated into Portuguese.

Remember that the spelling is now also due to the treaty between
Brazil, Portugal and other Portuguese-speaking countries.
The use of the word you (você), I believe that is irrelevant.
If you want avoid it, no problem it's ok .

Cheers
Roberto
User avatar
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Global

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby jaap on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Rob Brill wrote:
Hi,

First of all one user called pCassiano was in charge of
the LM User Guide translation. He simply never did it into
Portuguese (Brazilian). I was doing the translation but
i have lost 48 pages done (ready) and i do not know what happened
on that occasion and only 14 pages remained. I gave up because
i have been so busy. No matter if the Linux Mint User Guide
comes in Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil and other countries). The
most important of all is that we can have this LM user user
guide finally translated into Portuguese.

Remember that the spelling is now also due to the treaty between
Brazil, Portugal and other Portuguese-speaking countries.
The use of the word you (você), I believe that is irrelevant.
If you want avoid it, no problem it's ok .

Cheers
Roberto


Robert,

Thanks for the reply, I am working on it and I believe it will not take long to finish.

Doubts:
1. I don't have the screenshots of the instalation in portuguese and I have no idea how to capture them. Can you explain-me how to do this?
2. There is a reference in the Manual about the "Recent Plug-In". I can't find such option in the MintMenu configuration. Is the user guide wrong or I had some problem with my installation?
3. I will make it .odt. Onde done, I suppose I have to send it to someone that will make available to all. Would you please explain-me this final step?

Rgds,

JAAP
jaap
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby Rob Brill on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:19 am

Hi JAAP,

1 -

JAAP you can use the same english scresnshots
Just replace the words in english above and below
them (screenshots) into Portuguese. This explains
the content within the enghish screenshots

2 - Recent Plug-in? Which page? Page 53?

Activate the Recent plug-in

MintMenu comes with a plugin which is not activated by default
(because it makes the menu bigger).
This plugin shows the top 10 most recently opened documents.

O MintMenu vem com um plugin o qual não está ativado por padrão
(porque ele faz com que o menu fique muito grande).
Este plugin mostra os dez documentos mais abertos recentemente.


Do you mean Activate The Recent Plug in? Page 53 ?
right click on menu icon > preferences > options
> show recent documents - If you actvate this function
the mintMenu screen will become bigger


3- Well, after the work done (ODT) you can even
create a .PDF file - OpenOffice - file > export as PDF
You are going to have two differents documents

You might send (Upload) the documets(s) to some place
on the web and provide the URL (adress) where it is storaged
So, send a private message (PM) to Clem and ask for him to
catch The LM Portuguese User Guide and make it available for
public download. Portuguese

You can even post the url(s) on the forum evem (thread LM
User Guide Trnslation)

You can use mintUpload and upload one file at a time
MintUpload will generate an url (s) but you should
rembember that they stay storaged there only for
two (2) days. Bookmark the url(s) to your favorites
after uploading the file(s). This method only will
work if things run a little faster from both sides
I mean it depend on (You and Clem) actions.

Send me a reply please

Cheers
Roberto
User avatar
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Global

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby jaap on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Rob,

It is OK for me. Thanks for all support.

Rgds,

JAAP
jaap
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby kane_of_nod on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 am

hi

i think its a major deal, brazilian Portuguese, is not the same as Portugues Portuguese!

I am portuguese, and I don't like to read brazilian texts, its very diferent.

I can do the translation to Portuguese Portuguese pt_pt
other people can do pt_br

I don't see whats the problem here.

you should respect our language, our country. not trying to monopolize a language that is not your native one!

_that's all
kane_of_nod
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:30 am

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby jaap on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 pm

kane_of_nod wrote:hi

i think its a major deal, brazilian Portuguese, is not the same as Portugues Portuguese!

I am portuguese, and I don't like to read brazilian texts, its very diferent.

I can do the translation to Portuguese Portuguese pt_pt
other people can do pt_br

I don't see whats the problem here.

you should respect our language, our country. not trying to monopolize a language that is not your native one!

_that's all


I got a little bit delayed in the translation. It is going to be ready soon and you will have the chance to evaluate if it helps or not. I can understand your concern because there are some hard diferences between them (pt_pt and pt_br). I can't prepare a pt_pt translation exactly because of the inverse difficult. Sorry. Would you take the pt_br and convert to pt_pt? I think it would be helpfull to other portuguese users.

JAAP
jaap
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby Rob Brill on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 am

Olá,

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby kane_of_nod on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:16 pm
hi


i think its a major deal, brazilian Portuguese, is not the same as Portugues Portuguese!

----------------------------------------------------------------
- I had not seen your post yet.

A) Major deal? Are you a business man? We aren't.
B) The speech sounds like as one politician speaking than a Linux Mint user
C) Do you live in Portugal? I don't think so! Português (not Portugues)
D) Are you living out of your country? It seems. (keyboard)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am portuguese, and I don't like to read brazilian texts, its very diferent.

- I am Brasilian and i don't mind to read Portuguese texts (they don't upset me at all)
- Just a matter of some differences in spelling can not stop people from Brazil
of reading Portuguese texts (from Portugal, Angola, and other countries)
------------------------------------------------------------------
I can do the translation to Portuguese Portuguese pt_pt
other people can do pt_br

- Did you wake up now? Why? I know it's only for political reasons.

- Great! I will wait for your tanslation and i will feel very confortable to use it
(Reading and understanding the Linux Mint System in Portuguese from Portugal)
- You should have done it before (The Linux Mint User Guide) translated into Portuguese.
- If you had done it before and made it available for public download we Brazilians certainly
would say thank you very much to you. Anyways. still in time. Go ahead...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see whats the problem here.

- Nobody but you have been talking about problems.
- If you (Portugal) and Jaap (Brazil) finish the Linux Mint User Guide translation we will have
more choices. More choices would stop foolish discussions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
you should respect our language, our country. not trying to monopolize a language that is not your native one!

- Monopoly is a word of Commerce. Blah, Blah, Blah, here again your political discourse. Linux isn't a monopoly.
- Respect your language - (Our language too) Don't you know that, do you?
- Respect your country - Who has been disregarded your country? The Martian? People from Mars?
- Native one - 1500 has passed away so long ago and we are in the Year of the Lord 2009 D/C .A/C
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_that's all

No, no, no...wrong
----Government of Portugal (according to news on newspapers) already
established the year 2010 for the Spelling agreement between
several Portuguese-speaking countries to enter into force.

- We agree with the treaty for Brazil

- If you are not satisfied, make your protest to the
Portuguese authorities.

- Linux Mint forum is not the appropriate place to discuss these issues.

- Make your translation and Jaap makes our - Thus we expect.

- The first translation to come will be welcome by all.
- I hope so.

THE BEST IS TO COME
GLORIA, GLORIA
SEE YOU THERE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers (Felicidades)

Roberto :wink:
User avatar
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Global

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby kane_of_nod on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 am

I don't know how old are you.. but it sounds like a 5 year old... anyway;

that is a good strategy when you do not have arguments against an idea... (to attack the person)

"então é assim? pobre debate político" :lol:

I wont bother myself arguing with you... I see no point...

by the way.. for a guy who says:
- Linux Mint forum is not the appropriate place to discuss these issues.


hummm how about this:
No, no, no...wrong
----Government of Portugal (according to news on newspapers) already
established the year 2010 for the Spelling agreement between
several Portuguese-speaking countries to enter into force.

- We agree with the treaty for Brazil

- If you are not satisfied, make your protest to the
Portuguese authorities.

- Monopoly is a word of Commerce. Blah, Blah, Blah, here again your political discourse. Linux isn't a monopoly.


you just don't get it , do you?

you just keep transmitting the idea that 'Brazil should get it all; Portugal is a smaaalll little country...' hehe..

_that's all
kane_of_nod
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:30 am

Re: User Guide - Felicia: Translation to Portuguese

Postby Rob Brill on Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 am

kane_of_nod wrote:I don't know how old are you.. but it sounds like a 5 year old... anyway;

that is a good strategy when you do not have arguments against an idea... (to attack the person)

"então é assim? pobre debate político" :lol:

I wont bother myself arguing with you... I see no point...

by the way.. for a guy who says:
- Linux Mint forum is not the appropriate place to discuss these issues.


hummm how about this:
No, no, no...wrong
----Government of Portugal (according to news on newspapers) already
established the year 2010 for the Spelling agreement between
several Portuguese-speaking countries to enter into force.

- We agree with the treaty for Brazil

- If you are not satisfied, make your protest to the
Portuguese authorities.

- Monopoly is a word of Commerce. Blah, Blah, Blah, here again your political discourse. Linux isn't a monopoly.


you just don't get it , do you?

you just keep transmitting the idea that 'Brazil should get it all; Portugal is a smaaalll little country...' hehe..


Hi,

I say it again as below:

Linux Mint forum is not the appropriate place to discuss these issues.

We (both) are a Linux Mint user. Sure i am...because i have mint installed on the hard drive,

No Portugal is not a small country as you said (territory/population) it does not matter at all.
Portugal is a Great Country but you is a kind something small like me because we are wasting time on this matter.
The Countries are bigger than us in importance but you and me as a citzen for each one. Learn it...
I just gave you a reply based on real facts to come soon. THE TREATY, you know... Here in Brazil everybody knows about it.
How old am i ? not 5 - wrong just 7 + 6
That's All - as far as i can know it is a name for a known famous American song.

Nobody has translated the Linux Mint User Guide to Portuguese till now.
Why i dont' do it ? - no time - Well you have told us before you was going to translate it. i am waiting for it.
I enjoy reading Portuguese texts (Portugal). They are very good as very good are our texts too. (Brazilian)

Por favor, vamos parar de discutir estes temas aqui no fórum do Linux Mint.
Nós, brasileiros fomos ofendidos e tu sabes disso. Porém, isso já passou....esqueçamos isso.

Final point - i won't reply anything more about this post. CLOSED!

Roberto :wink:
User avatar
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Global

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests