mint4win fails (64 bit)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
herb80

Re: mint4win fails (64 bit)

Post by herb80 »

Okay. Seems I am getting closer to the solution.

Many people seem to have the same problem, but there is no "safe" solution.
It has been told to open the terminal use the command:

sudo dmraid -r -R /dev/sda

this should make your HD visible for installing. people who did this, have now the problem, that they have no bootloader anymore and are not able to start windows.
so this solution seems not the best for mint4win.

honestly linux mint especially mint4win seems fantastic. but userfriendly is certanly something different...
grml4d

Post by grml4d »

i have no idea why it bugs , have you tried the second maya release ?
i use the one with d3d acceleration , it is the smallest in size of the two . i think it is cinamon and there is mate that i tried too but was less easy-going
Andypon

Post by Andypon »

steviejay wrote:EDIT - Also after install no changes are saved between sessions (removed apps reappear & newly installed apps disappear, all customisations lost and desktop reverts to default etc.)
I have the same problem and decided to uninstall LM and to forget about it for a while.
DGould

Post by DGould »

Man, you gotta luv the internet and all you networkers out there! I don't think I would have been able to get through the install without your suggestions. I would not have figured out you needed to go through the install twice (once from CD/ISO, and once after reboot). Might have guessed the /dev/loop2 bit, but it is alway nicer not to HAVE to guess. So THANKS you guys!

I did have one minor problem, when the install said it could not install grub on /dev/loop2 (fatal error), but I selected it again when it gave me the chance and it seemed to go through the second time without a problem.

Windows Vista 32bit + Mint 13 Maya MATE 64bit dual boot = SWEET! (Well, maybe not the windows part, but it is still useful for some things.)

We be stylin' now, fellow babies!

Return to “Installation & Boot”