Huge text on screen and userguide missing

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Anderserika

Huge text on screen and userguide missing

Post by Anderserika »

I downloaded Linux Mint on my Apple IBook G4. Burned a CD and installed on a Compac(Pentium 4) . When i press the helpbutton a text appears "can not find userguide/userguide.xml ". Finally, I have changed textsize to 6 and resolution to 800x600 but my screen is still to small. Is this possible to solve?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Huge text on screen and userguide missing

Post by Husse »

Yes - unfortunately some helpfiles were excluded and there was never a nice solution to remedy that (lack of space on the CD)
A 12 inch lcd and 800x600 seems OK to me - do you want to go down even further and have no option for that? I'm not quite sure I understand you...
Fred

Post by Fred »

Anderserika,

Which is it? Is the text too small or too large? If the text is too small use a higher point number for the font, like 10 or 12. If it is too large and you already have it at point size 6, change your resolution to 1024X 768.

Fred
Anderserika

Post by Anderserika »

Husse wrote:Yes - unfortunately some helpfiles were excluded and there was never a nice solution to remedy that (lack of space on the CD)
A 12 inch lcd and 800x600 seems OK to me - do you want to go down even further and have no option for that? I'm not quite sure I understand you...
Thanks. The screenproblem was easily solved with "proprietary drivers" . I now run 1280X1024. So, was my CD (700MB) to small when i downloaded Linux Mint? Is that the reason why the helpfiles are missing?
Husse

Post by Husse »

No no - if you downloaded an ISO that was to small it would not get you installed :)
When we (read Clem) made the ISO he had to kick out some files to make space for all the Mint goodies
In the next edition we will probably either kick out all help and ask the user if he/she wants to install it or include help, but then it'll be a DVD and we don't really want that...

Return to “Installation & Boot”