Need some help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Need some help

Postby pbelfi on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Hey all......hoping someone here can help me. I just installed Linux Mint 4 on my laptop, and everything seemed to go great, until I went to do an update. After all the updates were done downloading, and they were installing onto the system, everything just locked up solid! So I had no other option but to reboot. When I went to reboot, grub loads up, and then I get a Kernel Panic Error. Can someone tell me how to get this thing back up and running again? I have a feeling that I'm going to maybe end up re-installing the whole OS again :( ...any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks.
pbelfi
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Need some help

Postby BlahBlah_X on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:03 pm

Did you use the mint updater or synaptic? If you used synaptic, you may have successfully screwed up the system.

If so, the easiest way to fix this problem would be reinstalling. You can still salvage your personal files and such, you will just need to reinstall mint and any extra applications.

Post up if you want more help on doing the above.
BlahBlah_X
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Need some help

Postby pbelfi on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:39 am

Thanks for the reply, and the offer to help, but I just ended up re-installing anyways. It was a fresh install, so no data was needed to be recovered . And I was using the Mint updater, and not Synaptic when the system just locked up! Thanks again for the help.
pbelfi
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot