mint4win install

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike611

mint4win install

Post by mike611 »

I would like to try Linux Mint and I have downloaded and created an ISO DVD for this. I installed it on a Windows XP computer - 32 bit. When it is finished and it calls for a reboot to complete the installation. I select Linux Mint in the startup screen and there is an error. It says it cannot find the Installation ISO file and suggests running 'chkdsk /r' to correct the issue and then restart etc. After doing this I just get the same error.

I tried the same process on a Windows 7 computer - 32 bit yesterday and got exactly the same result. Same error and same suggested fix.

Just wondering if there are any suggestions to complete an install inside windows in order to check it out and see if I want to do a complete install of the OS?

Thanks,

Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: mint4win install

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Mike.

You may find this thread helpful: How to Perform a Mint4win Installation of Mint 13 32-bit.

Kind regards,
Karl
Last edited by karlchen on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
mike611

Re: mint4win install

Post by mike611 »

Thanks Karl,

I'll give that a spin,

Mike

Return to “Installation & Boot”