Partitioning/Install: error preboothelpskrilataio.htm solved

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Blue Thunder

Partitioning/Install: error preboothelpskrilataio.htm solved

Post by Blue Thunder »

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

Just tried to install Mint Daryna on my laptop (T60p) which already has WinXP on it. I've set up a swap and ext3 partition and when I click "Forward" (to format/install on the ext3 partition) this error pops up:

Code: Select all

ERROR!!!
preboothelpskrilataio.htm is 216k, but it has 1 clusters (4k).
I'm assuming I have a bad install cd, although I've had no other problems. Just wondering what exactly preboothelpskrilataio.htm is and is it safe to click ignore?

EDIT: Tried another disc and clicked ignore. It gave me another error:

Code: Select all

FATAL ERROR!!!
Bad FAT cluster 1054575 is crossed linked for prebootoperafavoperd~1.adr. You should run dosfsck or scandisk.
Starting to think this is probably due to IBM/Lenovo's hidden recovery partition since the error appears to be referencing it and some aspect of its' bootup behaviour.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Partitioning/Install: error preboothelpskrilataio.htm

Post by Husse »

Have you checked the md5sum of the ISO? and burned slowly?
This is really odd as neither preboothelpskrilataio.htm or prebootoperafavoperd~1.adr gives any hits in google so I can't figure out what it is. But judging from the error messages it may have something to do with a bad file system on your disk. The prime suspect however is a bad CD
Blue Thunder

Re: Partitioning/Install: error preboothelpskrilataio.htm

Post by Blue Thunder »

I managed to get it installed. I did re-burn the cd (forgot to check the md5) at slowest speed but same thing happened. But this time before ignoring those two previous errors I deleted all the mount "info" placed next to my NTFS (winxp) and FAT32 (recovery) partitions and continued with the installation. The result - Mint installed perfectly! Not only that but I'm still able to boot into XP. Everything seems just fine, although, if and when I ever need that recovery partition we'll see what happens.

Return to “Installation & Boot”